Friday, August 15, 2008

Just a day in the life...

I am sorry I couldn't write yesterday. I had to take my mother to Cortez, CO. to get an MRI on her arm/shoulder. She is not healing the way she should and we all feel something is torn. I did fit in some horse shopping. I first got a loaner saddle from a family member who is an awesome cowboy. So I needed a blanket. This is all for my mare, Prudence, who is a bit moody. She has tried to throw us a few times but only when a bit is in her mouth so we bought her a hackamore which is a bit less bridle. Of course we needed the head piece and reins. I also got some toys to fight the boredom that usually results in Dave fixing something. The first thing I got was "Uncle Jimmy's Hanging Balls". These are fun treats that you hang up from the barn and they have to try to get them. I just love the name so I bought two. Then I got an apple treat that also hangs down and is difficult for them to get a hold of.
Mom picked up her sewing machine from the quilt shop that we LOVE and then off to the MRI. I did the driving and sipped my lattes which resulted in 5 stops to pee.
I received my new Body and Soul Magazine as well as my Horse Illustrated. In Horse Illustrated there is always a centerfold. I always whip it out and Eww and Ahh. David said "boy have times changed for me"...no comment.
Today I have to see my Chiropractor, gather up all the veggies I can to sell tomorrow at the SFM and I need to steam my parents clothes. I noticed my dad had set aside some pants and shirts on the kitchen bar. I took that as a hint. He's very subtle.
Last night as we settled down to watch Burn Notice we lost our power. So we took a drive and we notice the ENTIRE town of Blanding and all outlying areas were out as well. That always scares me because my Dad is on oxygen. I was fairly disgusted with the whole situation because no power, no swamp cooler or fan. Not good. Right as we resigned ourselves and prepared to go to bed (what else are we going to do) the lights came on. We sang Hallelujah and other celebration songs. But by then I was tired so I read a page and a half and fell asleep. My husband informed me I snored (cute baby snores.....whatever).
so that's it for now. I will be posting later today. I joined an online book club which is most exciting. That's all I've got folks.

The Dalai Lama says:
I feel the different religious traditions have a great responsibility to provide peace of mind and a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood among humanity.

I agree

Lisa

2 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I love your day in the life. I need some of those hanging balls. How do you like Body & Soul? I was thinking of subscribing...

Lisa said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I swear it has the best ideas, the best recipes and yoga poses and I cannot say enough. Dave knows that is one he has to keep up right along with Horse Illustrated!!

Do it....its better than any of her other magazines