Sunday, March 22, 2009

Windstorm in Blanding

Well today started as a nice sunny day that quickly became a storm with hurricane force winds.







The winds were approximately 30-40 mph with gusts that reached upwards towards 60 mph. Here is a view I have down my street.



















This man is Neil Joslin who runs our little weekly paper here called The Panorama. Our one traffic light here lost one of its wires. Max, my next door neighbors dog, went over to peruse with the police officer and this type of catastrophic type damage in town brought the big guns of The Panorama.











As you can see here we have quite a problem which has brought all the important townsmen to discuss the best course of action. I was the only other camera out there though so I'm hoping this is my big break. Anyhoo....David and I thought it would be fun to storm chase. I remember the crazies in Tidewater VA that storm chased. Well this was on a much smaller scale but every bit as intense. As I took the all important shots my sidekick helped by taking shots of me.



Here is my crew David who is my driver and all other such matters. What a trooper....always ready to find the excitement and to get me there first!!









Me having a wee bit of fun. I am standing on main street in front of our ONE eye doctor, Dr. Kirk, who is also a Bishop. He is probably one of the nicest men in town. I know I have dropped a ton of weight and I LOVE it. Just have to go buy some clothes that fit me again.









Me taking pictures of Recapture Canyon and Recapture Lake. One day I will tell you the story about Recapture but I will wait till I can get a beautiful picture of the lake and the Blue Mountain (also called The Abajo....Navajo for Blue).







As you can see it was so freaking windy. I thought I was going to get swept away. It seemed almost as bad as the winds from Hurricane Isabel that robbed me of my power for 8 days!!











I have to say this is one of my favorite pictures of myself I have ever seen. It helps you can't see my face but that's not it. Its a picture of me doing something I love. I hope I can get good enough to be published someday. This is my start.








And this is literally all I have done today. I found out on My Space page I can download all the music I love and I have been going crazy. So this is exactly what I look like right at this moment.











No comments: