Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Equinox

I know....I know....I have been very remiss in my writing. It was a difficult fall that ended in an even more difficult winter. At least in my own mind. But I am back. Spring is back and so am I.
Today I finally took my Christmas tree down. I left it up for a reason I left it up was to ensure I got through this winter absorbing as much joy as I could from those that surrounded me. My favorite part of winter is a Christmas tree. In fact when I was a very young little girl my mother was a single mom and very small salary. Because my birthday was so close to Christmas and because money was so tight one of my gifts became the Christmas tree. I know more times than not my mother regretted this little tradition considering I went through my exotic tree phase. You know small children...the brighter the color the better the product so we had pink trees, silver trees, white trees until she finally got remarried and we began to enjoy live trees that were.....wait for it.......wait for it......green! WOW!! However I loved the tradition so much that getting a tree for/on my birthday and decorating it was a tradition I still practice today. This year I began a new tradition. Leave the tree up until the spring equinox. One day I shall have one up all year long and decorate it for all the seasons but for now I will keep the tree up until spring. It makes the dreary months of winter much easier to face.
Now David and I have been spring cleaning and organizing. It started with my mothers sewing room/office when my parents went to St. George Utah. Now our shed and Davids work area. He is building my a garden bench with a gardening area for me.
The other good thing that happened this Christmas was I finally got my Nikon D60 and all the bells and whistles that go with it. I am passionate about nature photography. As I learn and travel my photography journey I will share my progress with you.
I also began working this fall for The Peace Tree Juice Cafe. I figured I was there several times a day anyway why not just work there so I have and love it. I have met such a great group of people through my job and all the beautiful characters I get to share my day with.
In fact one of the reasons I stopped writing is I was really struggling with some issues. I also started seeing a therapist and Prozac. All of these things combined are getting me through my midlife crisis, my age panic and also getting adjusted to a new place that is so different compared to other places I have lived.
So anyway I am back and I will write about this crazy journey of mine called life as much as I can.

"If you can, help others. If not, then at least refrain from hurting others".
_His Holiness The Dalai Lama

1 comment:

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay! You are back and I'm so happy to hear that you are up and running again. I never knew that story about the christmas tree -it is a good one. Hope that the warmth and sunshine of spring time will keep your spirits up. Miss you, Tsam, Beth.