Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beth's questionaire

I decided to give Beth's uestionaire a try. I LOVE questionaires. For some reason I have always felt so invisible my whole life. I am realizing I wasn't as invisible as I thought as I run into friends on Facebook that I haven't seen since I was 15 and yet they ALL remembered me!! I'm shocked and delighted. Also I have been doing these goofy quizzes on Facebook that are hilarious. For example of all the TV moms out there apparently I'm most like Sharon Osbourne (frightening) or if I was an 80's rock band who would I be...KISS. Terrific...what does all this say about me? If I was one of Jesus's disciples I am most like Matthew. Also if I had a pirate name it would be Captain Pretty and the Scurvy Eunuchs or if I was a stripper I would be called Passion Velvet Toes. You get my point. They are silly but so much fun. So now its time for Beth's questions:

1) What are current obsessions? Thats easy....Facebook on the computer. But I stay super obsessed about something for about a month then I move onto my next obsession. They rotate around from quilting, writing, reading, cross stitch or watching a complete TV series on DVD. But right now its the computer and I don't see this losing its appeal anytime soon.

2) Which item from your closet are you wearing the most? My crazy Peace T-shirts. I love them...they are crazy wild but its okay becasue I work at the hippie joint in town.

3) Whats the last thing you bought for yourself? Well my story couldn't possibly more entertaining than Beths (I'm still chuckling over the mental picture in my head of Beth "demonstrating" the tampon for the poor Mexican that must have been so confused at her request). The last thing I bought for myself was a new haircut, tanning sessions and my new program I'm doing with my Chiropractor called NAET. In fact google that....its the most amazing thing and it works!!

4) Whats for dinner? Every man for himself at my house. I have no children at home and I cook for a living so my poor David is on his own but I promise to make it up to him one day.

5) Say something to the person who tagged you: I don't think I've ever been tagged but to be quite frank I'm not sure what that even means...I'm so clueless with the new computer lingo.

6)What is the one item you could not live without? Well I agree with Beth....my husband, daughter, parents, animals and friends and family are the things I would die without but if I had to pick one item I guess it would have to be my computer.

7)Vacation spots you must visit before you die: Greece again and again. But I also want to see southern France, Spain, Scotland, India (for a retreat), Galapagos Islands, Mexico City again in honor of my grandfather, Oregon, Washington, the rain forest in Canada and the northern US, the Brazillian rainforest, Yellowstone to commune with the wolves there, Alaska, Italy again, and England (specifically Liverpool for the Beatles and Sheffield for Def Leppard.
There are more but we'll start there.

8) Three things to do before you die: Barrel Race my Elliot, publish a book and publish my photographs (and I know we said just three but I really want to meet the Dalai Lama.

9) What is your guilty pleasure? If I feel guilty about it then its best I keep it to myself

10) What is your favorite smell? This usually confuses people but my favorite smells all revolve around my horses...horse manure, sweaty leather, sweaty horses or just regular horses and hay. Anything from my barn.

11) Best thing you ate or drank lately: I work with a girl named Morgan who makes me the best paninis and smoothies

12) Care to share wisdom: What Sheryl Crow sang.."Its not having what you want but wanting what you have" In other words you may think the grass is greener but once you get there it usually isn't.

13) What do you do to avoid doing the things you should be doing? Begging David in my most sweet and manipulative way or play on the computer.

14) Talk about one regret in your life: One?? There are so many. However one thing comes to mind and I am taking that with me to my grave.

15) What do you have an addiction to? I am slowly weeding out my little addictions. The big one I have to overcome now is to quit smoking. I am on my last carton now and then its Nicoderm patch time. What fun blog posts those will be...but I need to do thins and I need all the encouragement I can get.

16) My own question I added: Do you have any four footed children and if so what are they and what are their names? My little brood has shrunk a bit with the deaths of four of my babies but right now I have a Rottweiler named Alexandra the Greatest Big Girl Moore. I have two cats. The long haired is Little Girl and my little shorthaired Tortie kitty is Catalina or Catty for short.
Then my three horses: My gelding named Elliots Paper Sun or El or Big E, my mare named Dear Prudence and my baby filly named Penny Lane of course.

So in my continued effort to not be invisible (though I'm assured I am not) I love filling these out and doing my blog because its a way for people to know me. Even my husband has said he's learned so much about me from my blog.

Enjoy and let me know if you do this questionaire so I can go and read it.

2 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

GREAT answers. I have to say I am dying to know what your big regret is, but doesn't sound like you'll be broadcasting that anytime soon. Tanning? I'm tempted to do that too. Thanks for filling it out. And I have NEVER thought of you as invisible. In fact, you have quite a memorable prescence!!

Lisa said...

Beth...you are such a great friend!!! One day over several glasses of wine maybe I will tellyou but it was really bad, completely out of character and one of the things that has haunted me this year and added to my depression.