Sunday, May 17, 2009

May is my Mother's Month

My mother's month is May. Lets see.....her last name is May, her anniversary is May 4th, her birthday is May 12th and of course Mothers Day that fell on the 10th this year but many times her birthday falls on Mothers Day. She really deserves it because December is her worst nightmare....Christmas, My dad's birthday is Dec. 1, my husband David's is on the 5th of Dec. and mine is the 12th. So knowing all this I pamper her the entire month of May. At least I try.

This year is especially difficult for her especially. My father is not doing well and its scary. Then the day before Mothers Day we had to put her sweet Molly (her 14 year old McNabb...a dog) down. She finally decided she was too old and too tired to do another day. She went peacefully but my mother was heart broken.

So I decided we were going to make a garden where she lived outside my moms bedroom near the porch.

I take mom in my mustang and off we go to the greenhouse. Well we went crazy. She bought a bunch of flowers for me and I bought a ton her. After we paid for all of this I realized I have a Mustang. So....I crammed my mother and flowers in every nook and crannie and we prayed we'd make it home which is over a mountain and is about a 30 min drive














now you see how many plants we crammed into my tiny car with my mother. I put her in the car and then wedged plants all around her and the trunk. But what I love about all of this is that smile on her face. I managed to make her smile after she said good bye to her dear friend Molly that very morning.
"Genuine peace between between nations will come from mutual respect, not from weapons or force."
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

No comments: